Office of the Superintendent
611 Veterans Blvd
Ardmore, OK 73401
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Monday through Friday.
For more information, contact Marcy King, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent.
About our Superintendent
Mr. Kim Holland started his career in Houston, Texas in 1976. He has spent 35 years in administration and has served as a principal, executive director and superintendent. He has received recognition from the State of Texas at three different schools for his schools’ high student achievement. During his tenure, he worked to improve Advanced Placement Programs for all students increasing the minority study participation. He has also worked to build a strong arts, athletics, and academic programs at each of his previous schools. He believes that all three are important to building a well-rounded educational organization and to developing students who are fully equipped to succeed in today’s world.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from Sam Houston State University
- Master’s Degree from Sam Houston State University
- Received citations from the State of Texas and the U.S. Department of Education for improvement in student achievement and academic progress.
- Started the Academy for Biomedical Studies at R.L. Turner High School, Carrolton, Texas
- Started the Academy of Media Arts and Technology, R.L Turner High School, Carrolton, Texas
- Principal of the year (2002) where
- Started Academic Credit Recovery in Carrollton Farmers Branch, Texas and assisted other high schools in the district design their own program
- Designed and implemented a program on developing teacher leaders.
- Implemented “Every Teacher a Reading Teacher” program at R.L. Turner.
- Implemented a comprehensive mentoring program for freshman led by Seniors at R.L. Turner.
- Received the Max Schlotter Award for the outstanding Student in School Administration in 1993.
- Served as a Board Member for Chuck Norris’s Kick Start Kids for Texas
- Speaker for National Conference in Las Vegas and Los Angeles for PLATO online learning
- Panelist for AVID implementation at the local and state level in Texas.
- Quadrupled the number of students participating in Advance Placement Program from 142 exams to over 700.
- Principal – Ardmore High School (2011-2014)
- Executive Director of Student Services, Carrolton Farmers Branch, TX (1998-2011)
- Principal – R.L. Turner High School, Carrollton, TX (1997-2006)
- Superintendent – Trinity ISD, Trinity, TX (1994-1997)
- Principal – Trinity Middle School, Trinity, TX (1992-1994)
- K-12 Principal, Iola ISD, Iola, TX (1987 to 1992)
- Athletic Director and Principal – Northwest Academy (1987-1992)