Ardmore City Schools Board Policy states “School bus transportation is a privilege provided for the convenience and safety of the students”. The Board of Education has approved rules and regulations that address the conduct of all students who ride the bus. Board policy also allows for the driver to be in charge of all students who choose to ride the bus. When rules are violated, the driver will usually issue several verbal warnings. Children with continued behavior problems receive the First Bus Conduct Report and if the behavior continues, notices are sent to parents that outlines consequences as follows.
|1st Bus Conduct
|2nd Bus Conduct
||5 days suspended from bus
|3rd Bus Conduct
||20 days suspended from bus
|4th Bus Conduct
||1 Semester suspended from bus
|5th Bus Conduct
||One school year suspended from bus
||5 days to One School Year depending on behavior
1. Observe classroom conduct.
2. Be courteous; use no profane language.
3. Do not eat or drink on the bus.
4. Keep the bus clean.
5. Co-operate with the driver.
6. Do not smoke.
7. Do not damage bus or equipment.
8. Stay in your seat.
9. Keep head, hands and feet inside bus.
10. NO fighting, pushing, or shoving.
11. Do not tamper with bus equipment.
12. Do not bring pets on the bus.
13. Do not bring flammable material on the bus.
14. The bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
15. Have a safe trip.