development of the site, ACS fully tested its website for accessibility
compliance according to the following standards:
- Pages on this site are mostly W3
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines approved, complying with most
priority 1 guidelines. Many guidelines are intentionally vague and can
not be tested automatically.
- Pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. If your browser or
browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of
each page is still readable.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth
a free service to analyze web pages for compliance to accessibility
guidelines. A full-featured commercial version is also available.
- HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features
- Lynx Viewer, a free service for viewing what your web pages would look like in Lynx